National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS)
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a scheme of Government of India to provide financial support to establishments undertaking the apprenticeship training. NAPS was launched on 19th August 2016.
Apprenticeship Training is a course of training in an industry or establishment, under a contract of apprenticeship which consists of Basic Training component and on the job training (OJT) /practical training
Objective of Apprenticeship Training
- The primary objective with which the Apprentices Act, 1961 was passed is to meet the increasing demand for skilled craftsman in the development of the country. It is intended by the Govt, to utilize, facilities available for training apprentices and to ensure that their training in accordance with a planned program.
- The main purpose of the Act is to provide practical training to eligible students in various trades. The objective is promotion of new skilled manpower. The training is also extended to non-engineering job roles.
What are the eligibility criteria for apprentices under NAPS?
Apprentice must fulfill the following:
- He/she must have a minimum age,
- Educational and physical qualification endorsed for the trade
- Apprentice should enroll on the portal.
- Apprentice should have an aadhaar number.
- The maximum age in regard to fresher apprentice will be 21 years.
How a candidate can undergo apprenticeship training?
- Candidate may access the apprenticeship portal for registration demonstrating sectors/trades of his choice.
- Search for potential employers.
- Send applications to potential employers for apprenticeship training,
- Online receipt and acknowledgement of offer letters from establishments.
- Process all necessary contractual commitments online.
Some Highlights of NAPS:
- The government will reimburse a part of expenses brought about in providing Basic Training whenever necessary and furthermore some portion of Stipend paid to the Apprentices.
- The employer won’t be needed to cover Apprentices under the Provident Fund and ESI plot.
- The well-established association of Apprenticeship Training will be executed National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme with the assistance of Third Party Aggregators and Basic Training Providers.
- Fundamental Training is required uniquely for the individuals who don’t have ITI, Diploma, and Degree in Engineering.
- More choices for the apprentices-combination with different plans (Like PMKVY, MES, etc) and more.